Thursday, February 14, 2013

Working Hard....

I had hoped to get my second book in the Madi series out in January. Well January has come and gone and it is still unfinished. I went through a bout of low motivation- now I am back on the book. I am a little over half way done with it and am completely pleased with how it is shaping up. The second book is entitled Where From Here and it details Madi's decisions that she must make with her life now that she has moved home. There is heartache and confusion as Madi learns what it is going to take to carve out a new life for her in her hometown.

I am so excited about publishing it and hope, fingers crossed, hope that I will have it out soon. On to my other current endeavors. I am also working on a new series. I don't have a title in mind yet, but I do know that it is going to be geared towards a YA audience. This book is going to be a YA dystopian novel, focusing on a strong teenage female lead who finds herself suddenly expected to take care of her younger brothers. This book may end up being a series or a triology, I am unsure at this time. I love exploring new areas of writing and I don't think I am going to grow tired of it anytime soon.

Onto the more mundane aspects of my life. I am currently unemployed and as my unemployment is nearing exhaustion I am feverently tying to find a new job. Something to pay the bills because as most Indie authors will point out there is a reason for the saying starving artist. I love writing and it is a passion for me, but unfortuantely it does not pay the bills.

So with all this being said and the fact that it is Valentines day I want to say a huge thank you to my husband. He has been right by myside supporting me in my writing both emotionally and financially. He has given up much of his spare time to ensure that we have the money to pay bills and still be able to eat. He has been my own personal cheerleader when I first decided I wanted to give writing a try and he has continuously supported me in all the emotionally trying times I have faced sense.

When I was unsure about publishing my first book he gave me the little extra support I needed to face those fears. Fears that people would hate my book, something  that I hold very dear to my heart, almost like a child. Fears that I simply would not be good enough and fears that I would be embarrassed by not be accepted. I am totally blessed by the husband I have who is undeniably my better half. He loves me unconditionally, he supports me unconditionally, and he is there to give me that proverbial kick in the ass when I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment